As business owners, we are too busy, busy, busy taking care of business and our customers to spend time figuring out what to do about marketing. Marketing is a necessity, and we all need assistance in getting the message out there to potential clients that we are open, available and ready for business. Here are 7 easy marketing tips you can start today!
- Create a Gift Certificate: Create a beautiful gift certificate, and provide your local schools, charities and chamber of commerce with the opportunity to spread the word about you! When a customer comes in to use the Gift Certificate, make sure to grab their email address and contact information. You’ll see why in a minute.
- Create a Brochure: Take some pictures of your product, or have some graphics of your service, and create a two or three fold brochure. Customers love take aways. Especially those with colorful photos that explain the services and products you offer. Have a call to action, like a 10% off for new customers inside the brochure.
- Testimonials: Ask your best customers to give you a testimonial. You can record them on your cell phone, or have them send you a few lines via email. Testimonials are great on your website, in your brochure, and for social media. It’s never too late to start collecting testimonials.
- Thank You Notes: Write them to your best customers, send them to your new customers, and thank those customers that have sent you a referral. Handwritten thank you notes go a long way, and you will be remembered for having spent the time to write and send one out.
- Social Media: Take the time to learn how to post on one or two social media platforms, and share pictures, inspiring quotes, testimonials from your customers, weekly specials, or maybe a shout out to your local high school sports team! Photos and graphics will get you more views.
- Team Up: Partner up with a complimentary business and work together to drive traffic and customers. Create a special seasonal package you can offer together! Don’t forget to collect email address, and drive them to follow you on above social media platforms.
- Email Marketing: Yes, we are all overwhelmed by email, however, email still does work. If you use it wisely, and share content that your customers want, email campaigns are the most cost effective of marketing tools.
If you need help with your digital marketing, give us a call at Marketing Slices! We’re here to help stop your online overwhelm, and get you back to business!